- “Print by Print” exhibition of print series from Dürer to Mehretu (Baltimore Museum of Art)
- Rodolphe Bresdin (Bibliothèque nationale de France)
- Ubu’s Almanac: Alfred Jarry and the Graphic Arts (Spencer Art Museum, Kansas)
- The Prairie Print Makers (Spencer Art Museum, Kansas)
- Printed Art and Social Radicalism (Spencer Art Museum, Kansas)
- Rembrandt: Light and Shadow (Bibliothèque nationale de France)
- Yale University Digital Commons Includes prints in the Yale University Art Gallery, the Yale Center for British Art, the Yale University Libraries, and the Peabody Museum of Natural History.
- Virtual Printroom (Virtuelles Kupferstichkabinett) of the Herzog Anton Ulrich-Museum and Library. Almost 42000 entries on prints from 15th to the 18th century. High resolution, zoomable images and highly detailed object information.
- Catalogue of American Engravings of the American Antiquarian Society. American engravings to 1820, presented in library catalogue form.
- Gemini G.E.L. Online Catalogue Raisonné (National Gallery of Art, Washington DC) Gemini publications from 1966 through 1996.
- Tamarind Institute Online Catalogue Raisonné Tamarind Institute lithographs (no monotypes) 1970 – 2002
- Rose and Chris Prater Collection at the Tate
- Curwen Studio Gift at the Tate
- IFPDA set of links to online databases, collections, print clubs, and resources.
- Artist Printmaker Research Collection (AP/RC) contains extensive collections of original prints and related research materials of select 20th and 21st century artist-printmakers.
Websites, Blogs and Journals
- Sarah Kirk Hanley’s Print Blog on the PBS Art21 site
- International Print Center New York
- Print Quarterly
- Philagrafika Working States: an online publication program of Philagrafika designed to facilitate an international exchange of ideas and encourage new critical theory on the field of printmaking.
- Philagrafika’s Critical Dialogues Bibliography: bibliography of critical theory, reviews, primary sources and historical writing.
- Crown Point Press “Magical-Secrets”
How Prints Are Made (Videos & animations)
- Japanese Woodblock (Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge, Pharos site)
- Woodcut, etching, lithography, screenprint
How to Recognize Print Techniques
- Spencer Art Museum: close-up zoomable images and descriptions of a wide variety of techniques and how to recognize them in the final object:
Glossaries of Printmaking Terms
- Spencer Art Museum, Kansas
- International Print Center, NYC
- IFPDA Glossary of Printmaking Terms A clear and thorough glossary of printmaking terms, profusely illustrated with works of art, courtesy the International Fine Print Dealers Association (IFPDA)
- Printmaking Basics A concise list of basic printmaking terms with a variety of how-to links; a useful introduction to the field.