About the Prix de Print
The Prix de Print is a bimonthly competition, open to all subscribers, in which a single work is selected by an outside juror to be the subject of a brief essay. For information on entering the Prix de Print, click here.
Past Prix Winners
Stacey Steers, Vital Signs
- A lithograph with digital collage by an experimental filmmaker.
Cooper Holoweski, Recent Antiquities
- A contemporary reflection on Piranesi's Antiquities of Rome.
Susan Goethel Campbell, Aerial: Other Cities #9
- A contemporary landscape captured with ambivalent, quiet elegance.
Thorsten Dennerline, A Cloud in Trousers
- A book of lithographs is set with Vladimir Mayakovsky’s 1915 poem.
Colin Lyons, Time Machine for Abandoned Futures
- Electrolytic cleaning of detritus left behind after the Klondike Gold Rush.
Kenneth Alfred, Intermede II, No. 8
- Work by a contemporary peintre-graveur.
Carey Maxon, dreams for the recruit 103
- The simultaneous conveyance of the individual and the mass.
Annesas Appel, Metamorphosis music notation
- A print series playable by music box.
Cassandra Hooper, Spencer Field Series
- A sports field featuring surreal and haunting figures.
Bill Thompson, Edition
- A work of self-referential, Droste effect recursion.